I am inspired by Australia and wish to study there, what should I do?

We suggest you thoroughly review our website which has got plenty of information and then fill our online assessment form with your complete information and interest of studies so that our Education Counsellor can assist you in this matter.

How you can assist me for studying in Australia?

We can assist you in:

  • Providing information on the best possible courses and education provider according to your profile.
  • Preparing and submitting an application pack and credit transfer application to education provider.
  • Assisting you in preparing for interview for education provider and Visa Officer.
  • Preparing your application for visa extension or renewal.

Being the Australian Registered Migration and Education Consultants, we are in the best position to assist you with your course and institution selection, admission and student visa application.

In addition, our Head Office is based in Melbourne (Australia) and therefore, we would be available to provide you services for various other matters including your possible immigration after successful completion of studies. Furthermore, we can advise and guide you for your smooth settlement.

Are Australian qualifications recognized overseas?

Australian qualifications are highly respected and recognized internationally and are distinguished by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Australian qualifications and the skills imparted are recognized by global employers and their degrees by leading educational institutions in many countries around the world. AQF provides an easy way for countries around the world to recognize your qualification, and issue the comparable qualifications for local use. So you can be sure your qualifications will be highly regarded wherever you choose to establish your career.

When do the courses commence in Australia?

Generally Australian Universities / Institutions have two semesters. The first is from February to June, following which the second is from July to November. This can vary somewhat between Universities. Furthermore, many education providers are now offering summer intake as well that is from November to February.

Do I need to take IELTS?

It depends upon the Simplified Student Visa Framework requirements. However, YES, students generally have to obtain a minimum band required as per your selected course by the Education Provider. Generally, the following bands are pre-requisite.

Course Level IELTS Requirement
Diploma and Advance Diploma 5.5 with no band less than 5.0
Bachelor 6.0 with no band less than 5.5
Master 6.5 with no band less than 6.0

However, in case you are unable to get the desired score, you will have to do English Language Classes for Overseas Students (ELICOS). IELTS may also be waived in the case where a person has previously lived and studied in an English speaking country for 5 or more years during a certain period of time. It is highly recommended that as soon as you decide that you want to Study in Australia, you appear for IELTS (Academic) version. 

Can I take any other English Test other than IELTS?

Yes, education providers and immigration also accepts the below other Test and their equivalencies are also given below:

Test Test Score Band
IELTS 4.0 4.5 5.0 5.5 6.0 6.5 7.0 7.5 8.0 8.5 9.0
TOEFL iBT 31 32 35 46 60 79 94 102 110 115 118
PTE Academic 29 30 36 42 50 58 65 73 79 83 86
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) 32 36 41 47 52 58 67 74 80 87 93
OET Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass
TOEFL PBT 433 450 500 527 550 n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

How much does it cost for studying in Australia?

School (Public and Private) AUD $ 8,000 to $30,000
English Language Studies Around AUD $300 per week (depending upon course length)
Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) AUD $6,000 to $22,000
Undergraduate / Bachelor Degree AUD $15,000 to $33,000
Postgraduate / Master Degree AUD $9,000 to $38,000
Doctoral Degree / PhD AUD $15,000 to $38,000

In addition to above, you have to make a budget of AUD $1,500 per month for your living expenses.

What is the duration of courses?

The duration of the course varies depending on the field of education selected and on the education provider. However, generally they are as follows:

Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) 6 months to 1 Year
Undergraduate / Bachelor Degree 3 Years to 4 Years
Postgraduate / Master Degree 1 Year to 2 Years
Doctoral Degree / PhD 3 Years to 4 Years

What is the minimum level of qualification required to undertake Diploma or Bachelor Level studies in Australia?

In general, having completed minimum Year 12 / or A level qualification with good grades would meet qualification level requirement for admission at Diploma or Bachelor Level.

Can I apply to go to a University if I complete a diploma?

Yes. Most universities recognize diplomas as a pathway to a Bachelor degree.

What is the minimum level of qualification required to undertake Graduate Diploma / Master Level studies in Australia?

In general, having completed a minimum of 2 years of duration at a Bachelor level qualification i.e. B.A./B.Sc/B.Com would meet the qualification requirement for admission at Graduate Diploma Level studies in Australia.  Upon completion of Graduate Diploma, student can pursue Master Degree. However, some education providers are also seeking qualification + experience before giving admission at Post Graduation level.

Is it possible to get credit for previous studies?

Students who have completed previous tertiary study may apply to the University for a Credit Recognition. Normally the process is facilitated by analyzing of course syllabus of your previous study and by completing a separate credit application form. The credit assessment will generally take longer than the application assessment.

What is the minimum level of qualification required to undertake PhD Level studies in Australia?

In general, having completed a Master qualification which is equivalent to an Australian Master Degree would meet the qualification level requirement for admission in PhD studies. However, some education providers are also seeking qualification, experience and research skills before giving admission at PhD level.

What are the visa category options available in Australia?

If you are applying for a student visa in Australia, there are two different types of visas for you to choose from if you are going for tertiary education:

  • Student Visa (SC 500): This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognized education institution.
  • Student Guardian Visa (SC 590): This visa allows you to stay in Australia as the guardian of an international student younger than 18 years of age studying in Australia on a student visa.

What is Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF)?

New simplified student visa framework

From 01 July 2016, the Australian Government has adopted a new simplified student visa framework (SSVF) to support Australia’s education services sector.

Key changes under the SSVF are: A reduction in the number of student visa sub classes from eight to two and introduction of a simplified single immigration risk framework for all international students.

Reason for change

The changes are designed to make the student visa framework simpler to navigate for genuine students, deliver a more targeted approach to immigration integrity and create a level playing field for all education providers.

Applying for a student visa under the SSVF

The SSVF is designed to replace the previous streamlined visa processing and AL framework arrangements. Under the SSVF, the combined immigration risk outcomes of the student’s education provider and country of citizenship is used to guide the level of documentation relating to financial capacity and English language proficiency that the student needs to provide with their student visa application.

Financial and English language documentary requirements when applying for a student visa under the SSVF: Students are now able to identify what documents they are required to provide with their visa application by entering their intended education provider and country of citizenship into an online tool. The level of documentary evidence required in relation to financial and English language capacity is guided by the combined immigration risk of the prospective student’s education provider and country of citizenship.

How much funds do I need to demonstrate as part of my visa requirement?

Applicants may have to demonstrate sufficient funds to cover their expenses for only the first one year in Australia and not for the entire period of their stay.

The table below outlines the amounts in Australian dollars (AUD) that you are required to have. These amounts are the minimum required for this visa. They do not necessarily represent the cost of living in Australia.

Expenses Per Person Amount required in AUD
Travel Yourself Return air fare to Australia
Family members One return air fare to Australia per person
Tuition Yourself Course fees
Children aged 5-18 AUD $8000 per year
Living Yourself AUD $19 830 per year
Partner AUD $6940 per year
Child AUD $2970 per year

Do you facilitate in obtaining visa?

Yes. We provide complete guidance based on Australian Immigration and Student’s Visa requirements and forward your application (from whichever part of the world you are) to the Australian High commission / Embassy and represent your case.

Do Australian High Commission/Embassy verify the information provided in my visa application?

Yes. In most cases, documentation and information provided as part of visa application including qualification, experience, IELTS, financial documents, etc. are all verified.

Any fraudulent or ambiguous information provided as part of the visa application can also result in visa cancellation in future.  It is absolutely necessary that the student tells us their factual situation which will enable us to guide them better.

Do Australia High Commission/Embassy take an interview?

Although it is not a common feature but recently this is being done and some applicants have gone through the interview process. Our Education Team will facilitate and prepare you for the potential interview session.

Can my spouse and child accompany me to Australia while I study?

Yes, they can, subject to meeting visa requirements.  In most situations, your spouse is also permitted to work part time as well during the entire term of your studies.  Your spouse is not required to undertake IELTS in this situation.

Can my child study in Australia?

Yes. It is necessary that they enroll in school if they are of 5 years or older as part of visa condition.  There are usually tuition and other related fees applicable under this situation.

What is OSHC, PVA & eCoe?

OSHC stands for Overseas Student Health Cover which is required for the entire term of your student visa as part of your student visa condition.  The cost of OSHC is around AUD $500 per annum for individual, couple AUD $1,200 and family AUD $1,800.

PVA stands for Pre Visa Assessment which is provided by the Australian Embassy after successfully assessing your Student visa application at first stage.  It is neither a final approval of visa nor a guarantee that you will be granted with a visa since it depends on various other factors.

eCoE stands for electronic confirmation of enrolment.  This is a final confirmation from the respective institution that you have been enrolled as a student after you have paid the tuition and health insurance fees.  This is required by the Australian High Commission / Embassy before finalizing your decision to process the visa.

Which type of accommodation is best for me and how I can find it?

Accommodation Type Advantages Disadvantages
Homestay Food is provided and included in the cost Less flexibility
English skills improve with the cultural exchange of living with another family Requires adjustments for student and family
Some privacy due to a personal room Household routines may be rigid
Student Hostels More flexibility than a home stay Have to shop and cook for yourself
Living with other students is an exciting experience Rooms may be shared between 2
Support and security provided Must adhere to the hostel rules
Furniture and internet provided (internet can be an additional cost) Less independence and flexibility than a rental
Independent Rentals Fully independent More expensive than home stay or hostel
Greater privacy May have to provide own furniture
Choose when and what to cook Cannot be organized before you arrive in Australia

Below are a few suggestions to help you make your search for accommodation easier and more productive.

  • Before you start searching for a flat mate you should decide on certain aspects such as in which suburb you would like to live in, how much rent you can afford to pay and the qualities of your perfect flat mate.
  • Check the accommodation advertised on the notice boards at your education institution.
  • Also check local newspapers and websites, e.g. www.domain.com.au and your institution’s housing service.
  • Ensure you inspect the place before you move in. If you do not live in that area, you should ask a friend to go along with you. That way, it is safer and your friend can also provide you with a second opinion.
  • Do not pay money to secure the place unless you are absolutely sure you will move in.
  • Ensure you discuss with your potential flat mate the responsibilities regarding rent and household expenses.
  • You can also visit our offices located in Melbourne and Perth for further assistance.

Are students allowed to work?

YES, you are allowed to work 40 hours fortnightly. Moreover, during vacations you have no restriction of hours and can work maximum hours. It is important to realize that usually a course requires almost 15 to 20 hours of scheduled studies in a week.  In addition to that, you will have to dedicate additional hours to complete assignments, do research and conduct various course related matters.

Students are strongly recommended not to rely for tuition fee on income generated from Australia.

Where can I find a part-time job?

As an international student, a condition of your student visa is that you cannot work more than 40 hours fortnightly during semester time.  Most of the work available to international students is in retail, hospitality, cleaning, customer services, which also offers flexible hours including evening shifts.

In addition, networking with other international students is a good way to let others know that you are looking for work so that they can also pass the message around. You can also check the ‘vacancies’ section in your local community newspapers and supermarket boards.

Also check local websites, e.g. www.careerone.com.au

Furthermore, many large companies, especially big retailers (department stores), list their vacancies on their websites.

What is Post study work visa?

To be eligible for a Post Study Work Visa, you would need to have completed a course or courses taking at least 2 years of study in Australia.

Also you could potentially use a 1 year postgraduate course which articulates with 2-year Master program. You will also be able to use both the study at the Graduate Diploma and at the Masters level towards meeting this requirement.

For further information, please visit the DIBP website (www.immi.gov.au) or contact our Migration Team.

Can I apply for Permanent Residency Visa after completion of my studies or while on a Post Study Work Arrangements Visa and how long would this process take?

There are a number of permanent residency options which students can look at whilst on a Post Study Work visa. These include:

  • General Skilled Migration
  • Employer Sponsorship: if you have a job offer with an Australian employer
  • Family Sponsorship: if you have an Australian partner or other relatives in Australia

Processing times vary depending on which option you choose, but can take anywhere from 3-4 months to 12-18 months.

For further information, please visit the DIBP website (www.immi.gov.au) or contact our Migration Team

What are the chances that I would be employed here in Australia after I finish my course?

Australia needs skilled people in almost every professional sector.

You can improve your chances of obtaining a skilled job by:

  • Improving your English Language Ability: Improving your communication skills will significantly increase your effectiveness in an interview.
  • Seeking work in your field during your studies: Even if you work as an unpaid intern in your occupation, this can make your CV more impressive and help you to make contacts with potential employers.
  • Making use of the Education Providers Careers Centre: The Careers Centre can give you tips on preparing your resume and interview technique, as well as give you information on potential employers in your field.
  • Professional Year: If you are studying IT, Engineering or Accounting, you can complete a Professional Year after your studies. As this involves an internship, as well as workplace skills training, this can greatly enhance your chance of getting a skilled job after your studies.
  • Making friends with your classmates: Many of the jobs are not advertised and the better your contacts are, the more likely you will be aware of job opportunities which arise.

What support services are available for international students who study in Australia from your company?

We can help you:

  • Find information on the best possible courses and institutions
  • Prepare and submit a course application and credit transfer application
  • Meet institution representatives at our education exhibition and arrange interview sessions and seminars
  • Prepare your application for visa extension or renewal
  • With pre-arrival information and advice
  • With post-arrival information and advice
  • With continuation engagement through difference avenues


In a nutshell we can assist you from the Dawn to Dusk…!

  • Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF)


    New simplified student visa framework A new simplified student visa framework has been designed for international students applying to pursue…

    Read More
  • Scholarships


    10% Scholarship Offer by OZ Consultancy Services for Onshore Students At present, OZ Consultancy Services is offering 10% scholarships to…

    Read More
  • Our Representations


    We represent many Education Providers across Australia directly and also through our associations in the industry

    Read More